Total Blogviews

Saturday 1 January 2011

Eerie Indiana #1 (From Ashley)




Hello,
I just read your blog and will probably be making comments on a lot of it. I work at a bookstore in Indiana, and for some reason all the customers with weird questions seem to seek me out. Today a guy asked if we had a book with a picture of a griffin in it. He didn't care so much about information, just that there were good pictures. Because he's a jeweler. I don't know how a picture of a griffin would be at all useful to a jeweler, but he seemed to think it was an adequate explanation.

A few weeks ago a woman called and asked if we had a book that would be appropriate for a six-year-old, that involves a butterfly and some kind of problem. I went and looked in the kids' section and came up with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so I went back to the phone and told her. She then asked me to read some aloud to her, and after the first three words she told me it was all wrong and did we have anything else that's appropriate for a six-year old that involves a butterfly and some kind of problem. I told her unfortunately that was the only thing we had.

-Ashley-

No comments:

Post a Comment